Some Recent Work
When the Volkswagen Club of America approached WHC about updating their existing website, we suggested a complete overhaul. We started with the question, "What do you want the site to do?"
To increase membership and sell stuff
By making it clear to the Club's board of directors that the old site's message was less than clear, we started by defining the goals and placing them front and center. "How about we make that the theme?" So 'Benefits of Membership' became the recurring theme throughout the site.
Not only was the site revamped and brought into the new millenia design-wise, but we set up the club officers with a Content Management System so that they could manage their own content, seeing as how they are a non-profit looking for the most economical solution possible.
We also increased the site's capacity and functionality with the following features:
- Members only login for member account management and member store and renewal pricing
- A modern publishing system to publish the Club's bimonthly magazine online
- Listing 'Friends of the Club' vendors and dealers, including listing member discounts offered
- Linking local chapter affiliates
- Easily updateable photo galleries, event listings, and classified ads
- Modernized the Club Store and membership purchases, easing payments for site visitors as well as management for the officers tracking orders
- Google Analytics was implemented to allow the officers to monitor site traffic as the site evolves.
We just went live August 5, so we'll update with a success story as soon as it becomes available. We've been promised member feedback shortly as the Club plans to unveil the site at their national, annual member convention this month. Visit vwclub.org to check it out.